Monday 24 October 2011

Oh what a tangles web I created...

This is going to be a short post because it's impossible to type and knit at the same time. I got bored of watching movies and decided since it's cold to start knitting again. I'm making the ever cliché scarf. I tried to make a pattern my self and even though the pattern looked nice the yarns I chose refused to cooperate so I ripped it out.  Granted all of this is for my LARP character because I'm super excited to play again in 3 weeks.

I should warn you though,. If you are starting out as a knitter, don't pay attention to the gauge. Just cast on as many stitches as you want the scarf wide and then go for it. Keep close attention to the number of stitched in each row and if you think you have to it and want to go faster or look away. DON'T You will drop a stitch and once you drop one it's a pain in the but to pick it back up. Which is less of a pain as ripping out several lines of knitting.  So in short. Go slow, Pay attention, Don't get cocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to make a suggestion for future props, or tutorials, or just have a question leave it under on of the posts and I will add it to the list. :)