Monday 17 October 2011

Movie: Birds of Prey

"In the future, long after the Batman has driven himself into exile, his legacy lives on in the form of the Birds of Prey--Black Canary, Oracle, and the Huntress." (IMDb)

It's not a hidden secret that the Huntress is the daughter of Batman and Catwoman. It was disappointing to see Catwoman being played by a blonde actress, but I'll manage. The intro, cleverly done by Alfred, is terrible. I can't watch it. It fits the crime fighting genre with the fly through the "New Gotham City" and battle flashes of the heroes. I do not like the new spin on the characters. Except for Harley Quinn, who gets to be our super villain. A change from the normal space case she is lead out to be else where.

I'm not a fan of the new starting plot. I do not believe that Batman would stop his crimefighting because his sidekick got crippled and lover murdered. I am a disbeliever, granted I"m a Fan of Batman Beyond so I imagine Bruce as the old grumpy man still in his big mansion. Batman has his roust and wouldn't leave it. He's the Dark Knight, not a heartfelt sob story. I was disappointed to say the least. 

If you ignore the bad starter plot and just watch it for the crime fighting female trio. Then you will love  it. Except for when they bring in old heroes or villains. It's sad to see them destroy some of my favourites. I however am going to sit in delusion that this series is in a neighbouring universe and has no direct ties to my Dark Knight.  On top of that The Gotham Girls shorts on each CD are well worth the money I spent. 


The actresses are a nice pick for the roles they play but I don't think they realized the Huntress does not look like she could be the child of The Bat and The Cat. She's too naturaly tan to be the child to two Caucasians. Barbra Gordan's actress is also a good pick, wise and tender but with a strict side. The third girl, Dinah comes in as an innocent looking kid and grows, some of her acting is overdone but I'm not expecting much from this show.

1 comment:

  1. I recommend the comics over the show. Haven't watched the show myself but I love the books. Gail Simone is a genius writer.

    Also, hai. I'm glad you're blogging again, I've been wondering what you're up to. :)

    -- Lora

    ReplyDelete

If you want to make a suggestion for future props, or tutorials, or just have a question leave it under on of the posts and I will add it to the list. :)